TimeSavers offers several different types of mezzanines. Mezzanines, or elevated platforms, are one of the most economical ways to create additional storage space in a warehouse or manufacturing facility with high ceilings. Mezzanine floors allow for storing uniform or odd-size parts of all kinds, greatly increasing the storage capacity of the available floor space. The steel mezzanine floors are also ideal for supporting elevated offices. An elevated office frees up floor space for storage or production while allowing oversight of operations on the floor.
We are a major authorized distributor for over a hundred material handling manufacturers. To get more information on our entire mezzanine offerings, as well as find the exact solution you are looking for, please contact us directly.
There are four main types of mezzanines:
- Free standing – also known as a structural, steel, or wide span mezzanine. These are used in a wide variety of applications and offer flexibility in both set-up and restructuring.
- Building-supported – if a building is designed to support additional loads, its structure can be used to support a mezzanine or platform. A blended system can also be used, where a steel structure is supported partly by the building structure and partly by columns. This can be done as long as the foundation can support the additional load.
- Rack supported – these platforms create a mezzanine level of usable space between existing storage racks, provided that the rack system can support the additional loads. Catwalks also can be installed in these situations.
- Shelving-supported – ideal for the storage of smaller items alongside existing shelving. While this type of structure is the least flexible in terms of reconfiguration, it is an economical way to make more efficient use of existing space.
Catwalks may be added for easy and safe access to conveyor systems and other industrial equipment. They come ready-made in 12-foot sections in three different widths, but can be custom made as well. Crossover bridges are also available for access over conveyors and other equipment.
Industrial mezzanine floors can be powder coated in almost any color, providing a greater level of durability against abusive, corrosive applications. Powder coating also reduces maintenance on the system, saving time and money versus standard painting options. The steel products can be fabricated with powder-coated warehouse mezzanines and stair systems to your specifications, with custom sizes, heights, spans, decking materials, and landings.
- Advanced design technology for fast and accurate structural analysis and load calculations
- I-beam construction for greater durability and load capacity with fewer columns
- Bolted joints for easier assembly and long-term strength
- The ability to incorporate extreme load capacities and wide clear spans
- Coated or uncoated ResinDek, bar grate, concrete ready, diamond plate or wood decking
- Design for IBC or OSHA codes
- P.E. Seal and calculations for all 50 states, as needed
- Modular bolt-together systems
- 3-point connections vs. in-shear
- A variety of decking materials
- A variety of handrail, gate and stair configurations
- Sturdy handrail with 4″ kickplate
- Heavy-duty columns & baseplates
- Heavy-duty prefabricated stairs and accessories
- 4-MIL powder coated steel components provide a superior level of durability against abusive, corrosive applications